8.31.2009

Day and Night...Night and Day

I'm a firm believer that clothes can be worn anytime, any occasion. Lately I have been challenging myself to find new ways to wear my more sparkly clothes, those that I save for a celebratory night out with friends.


As you can probably see from recent posts, I'm for all things sequin. I love this skirt and how effortless it looks with a solid toned down sweater. Exactly what I want to wear all of Fall... and especially now with the cooler weather we are having!

This skirt sealed the deal for me! The outfit has the perfect color combination, nude with a bold counterpart, plenty of texture, and ruffles worth of sass! Ixnay on the jewelry. Let all the attention be drawn down to the skirt (or as 3oh!3 says..."and talk with your hips!").

What can a blazer not go with? One of my investment pieces this season is going to be a well tailored blazer...color to be determined. The perfect dose of exactly how I want to be perceived for/during business meetings but still has a soft, approachable, feminine feeling.

In love with these sequin Miu Miu shoes. A little intrigued to try and DIY my own pair but we'll see!!!! Either way dying to wear this with a pair of boyfriend jeans I DIYed a few months ago with a white off the shoulder over sized shirt and a navy cummerbund!

No comments: