8.18.2009

Early Bird Shopping At H&M

My sleeping schedule is all sorts of messed up right now. So in my insomniatic state last night I decided to check out the H&M website. I rarely visit the site since shopping is limited. I scanned through their online magazine and fell in love with pretty much the entire fall collection. I attempted to narrow it down to some of my favorites, many of which seem to be inspired by Balmain...one of my favorite collections!



1: Crazy for this dress and the styling. I would love this dress, but I might have to pass this one to Ms. Becky! She would kill this look and I can only imagine the incredible shoes from her closet that she would pair with it. I'm itching for her to wear it with either her Loubitan purple leather ankle booties, or her Loubitan black suede thigh high boots (***hint hint***)

2: I took a break from tweed the last couple of seasons and I'm going to have to incorporate more of it this time around. This is as close to a suit as I get... Tweed jacket with matching retro-ish shorts. LOVE. I want to incorporate denim into this look...Maybe put a denim jacket underneath the tweed, or conjure up some denim trim in the form of cuffs to peek out of the sleeves!

3: All about texture here, and who doesn't long for luxurious velvet every once in a while. The shoulder detail again is exactly what I'm into.

4: Shine Shine Shine Shine On!!! What's cooler or more versatile then a sequin cardigan. Jeans, solid t-shirt, belted...not belted. This lends itself to unlimited options. Dying to pair this with the leggings from look no. 6.

5: The simplest silhouette gets a boost of fabulosity with a bold nondescript pattern. No accessories needed.

6: I don't think I can make it through another Fall/Winter in basic black leggings or tights. I love that these have some kind of detail and interest. Aside from my leather jacket, this can be another key "leather" piece to have for the season. Might have to get a couple pairs of these!

7: I don't think I can put into words what it is that I enjoy most about this dress. I just need to own this ASAP.

8: If I'm honest with myself I could probably DIY these jeans but someone else has already done all that work for me and I want to indulge in their handy work! Usually I'm not one for extremely distressed denim but this is more in line with something I would like. A little contradictory but... :) The top will be something I DIY. Trying to decide if I should use appliques, studs, beads (OH MY) for the shoulder detail.

I can only imagine how incredible the entire H&M showroom is. I'm not quite the early bird when it comes to shopping before I can actually wear but I can't miss out on any of these pieces. So for the next two months they will just have to hang nicely in my closet! And occasionally come out when I need to restyle my closet or want to play dress up!


No comments: