8.03.2009

The Mother Load of Vintage/Thrift

As mentioned in previous posts, I spent all of last Thursday vintage/thrift shopping with two of my friends on the Upper West Side (mostly). I walked away with a bag full of goodies that I can't wait to start incorporating into my wardrobe.

The first is this crop top. Ariel and I were strolling around at 96th and Broadway when we stumbled upon St. Francis Thrift Store. It's in the basement of a church (also where I purchased the elephant belt and green chinos). The store offers incredible deals and steals, the day we went they had 3 for $10 skirts! I wasn't looking for tops that day, but stumbled across this when walking to the jeans section and had to have it! I love it with a pair of black high waist, cuffed shorts, but still looking for other options! I couldn't go wrong with this top, or the price of $3!!!


Our next stop was Salvation Army, also on 96th and Broadway, (and where I purchased the Gap jeans that my cut off shorts are made from). I'm dying to get back there because there is an AMAZING silk sequin and beaded dress that Ariel must purchase for herself, at the most coveted price of $25.... We were waiting for Becky to meet us when I found these orange printed high waisted harem pants. I hesitated for a moment and then thought, what the heck...They are too cute, easy yet versatile to style, and uber comfy.


This amazing find was hidden away at the vintage store in my neighborhood, Odd Twin. I'm all about the romper/jumper and thought this 1980's one was too cute to pass up with it's bold print, handkerchief layers, and front pockets. The length needs to be taken up a hem length and it's good to go! Red lipstick, black wedge espadrilles, and a stack of bangles....Done and Done!


Becky also walked away with a bag of goodies, but unfortunately I don't have any images of them. (Maybe she will post her treasures soon)! Ariel, thank you for being my good luck charm shopping!

1 comment:

lowleeta said...

eeeeeee!! i love the romper jumper thing!!! you always find the neatest things. jeeeeeeealous.