8.03.2009

Thrifting DIY

Last week I was determined to find the perfect pair of men's jeans to make into cut offs and distress. Finally on Thursday while thrift/vintage shopping with two friends, I stumbled upon a pair of men's Gap loose fit jeans that brought all my dreams to fruition. Thursday night at about 3am I decided to begin my reworking project.

I cut off the legs to about 3 inches above the knee as well as up the inside/outside seams. I haven't washed the jeans yet, but looking forward to frayed edges and being able to also roll the hem.


I wanted to jazz up the shorts so I ripped part of the back pocket off at an angle. I borrowed a bedazzler from a friend and started studding away. Still not done with the jewels, but this is what I have so far.


I wanted the jeans to be super distressed and realized, again it was 3am, that I didn't have any sand paper. I headed to the kitchen to see what I could find and returned with a cheese grater! I think I like this better than using the sand paper (warning: extreme denim dust will occur)!

So very pleased with my work on this DIY project. The jeans are exactly what I wanted, loose, slouchy, distressed, and glamified! Decided to sport them today with this plaid shirt I reworked back in April when I was home. It was a man's over sized shirt that I took in on the sides and center back to make fitted.


For a complete tutorial on the how-to click on my friend Lauren's blog below...She inspired my top!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the shout out and these shorts look AWESOME!!