8.16.2009

Unconventional Accessories

The last few days I have been on a DIY jewelry/accessory binge. Leave me alone in an apartment with tons of resources and my brain and hands just start formulating stylish goodness out of nowhere! (I hope to post a few more pictures of this weekends creations soon)! I'm desperate for fall weather to arrive so I've started to plan out my fall wardrobe and flip through February's fashion week folder on my computer... A compilation of looks and items that inspire me, that I want replicate, and that I can't stop thinking about.

The necklaces and feather pieces that were shown as part of Lanvin's fall show are incredible! I love the idea of making jewelry out of things you find at the hardware store. Light fixtures, light bulbs, door hinges accentuated with pearls and other precious gems is just stupid cool! I know they won't have the same extreme chicness as the real deal, but I'm challenging myself to DIY my own hardware baubles.


All pictures: Lanvin Fall/Winter 2009 courtesy of Style.com


This weekend I made a necklace/earring piece and people thought I had headphones in and ignoring the conversation around me (not exactly what I was going for)!!! I stumbled upon these headphones that were shown at Lagerfeld's Fall 09 show and I'm totally buggin'!!! I'm usually not a fan of headphones that go around the head and/or behind the ear (I don't want to mess up the hair) but for these I will make many an exception! Faux piercings, pyramid studs, gadgets and gizmos a plenty, I couldn't ask for anything more amazing. I have no idea if these headphones were even produced but now I'm impatient and over zealous to DIY my own!





All pictures: Karl Lagerfeld Fall/Winter 09 courtesy of Style.com

1 comment:

Crave said...

Loving the Lanvin necklaces and I've been dying to do a DIY bib necklace myself! Cool blog!