8.21.2009

Fall is for Phillip Lim


Fall Fall Fall Fall.. With the heat wave this past week all I can think about is the cooling weather that is to come. I can't get enough of all things from Phillip Lim's fall collection. It's the perfect combination of shine, glitz, and glamour paired with the perfect daytime casual counterparts. I saw the black leather skirt in this month's issue of Marie Claire and have already begun to style looks around it. I'm lusting for the skirt today to pair with a reworked men's plaid button down shirt and denim vest. I'm a huge advocate for fur! Last Christmas I received my first fur in the form of a vest a la Jenny Kane and have since been yearning for more. I want them in all different shapes, sizes, colors. Love this look paired with a completely black palette. The black satin trousers with the navy long sleeve top is gorgeous. Would love to have this outfit for a birthday dinner with friends. This look would have been a perfect premier outfit for my friend Morgan tonight in Central Park. All things sequin are in my wish list for the coming season. Paired with the slouchy men's wear inspired trousers just makes complete sense. The coat is to die for. I love that you have the option of shortening the length. It also lends itself to showing more of the fabulosity that is going on under the coat just by unzipping the bottom portion. GENIUS!!!!

No comments: