10.04.2010

30 Seconds to Wang...

{style.com}

It's been a little quiet over here the last couple of days (aka I moved over the weekend and spent 9 hrs at Ikea, the death of me). I've come out of my silence baring a simple and quick DIY project. While unpacking my life from boxes and suitcases I got side tracked (read: procrastinating) when I realized I was hoarding two denim jackets. If the jackets bore varying washes or had differentiating details I would have let it slide, but when the identical jackets hung next to each other I was more than mortified. I needed a change of scenery so in one swift move I grabbed a pair of scissors and retreated to my new living room floor.

1: Old denim jacket... embarrassed I'll admit, I've been holding onto this since my sophomore year of high school. It hasn't always been in my arsenal, but after a trip home in May, it found room in my suitcase to transplant to NYC.

2: Off with the sleeves...I cut right next to the seam and left the edges raw (the sleeves are being used for another DIY project--to be reported).

3: Layered over a leather hooded jacket I've been living in for the last couple of years. One of my favorite finds while celebrating with friends in Atlanta.

I'm definitely not the first to recreate this look, but it was that easy and will be a combination in my regular rotation. A new denim vest can't hurt to have in my closet either, already see it paired with the likes of plaid shirts, a cashmere jacket, and possibly making an appearance with my new obsession, long skirts!

No comments: