10.05.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Tux Lux...

When it rains, all bets are off...Suddenly my closet becomes bleak and nothing seems quite appropriate. I stumble through outfits until I throw my hands up and surrender to a dress with rain boots or leggings+cardigan combo. Yesterday was a day of meetings, lunch dates, coffee talk, wedding emergency shopping (not for me) and dinner with friends. I wanted to be comfortable for a full day about the city but also had to beat the rain at it's own game. Battling with my rainy day wardrobe I fumbled through harem pants, skirts, and a few dress options before remembering a pair of tuxedo pants I unpacked over the weekend. I slid into the pants and the struggle for weather appropriate shoes overwhelmed me. I was dying to wear a new pair of shoes but didn't want them to be assaulted in rain puddles and grimy streets. From the corner of my eye I spotted a pair of gray leather high tops equipped with black studs and couldn't resist.

I snapped a quick pic as I was heading for the door.

Top:: H&M Brenton stripe dolman sleeve top
Pants:: Thrifted pleated tuxedo pants
Shoes: UES gray leather studded high tops
Belt:: Gap metallic skinny belt
Jacket:: (not pictured) Forever 21 hooded leather jacket (posted in previous post)

No comments: