10.06.2010

Turban Tutorial...

When I got back from my two weeks in Peru I was in more than a desperate need for a hair cut. The stubborn Virgo in me had to postpone a cut until this past week so that I would have a fresh fade for E+A's upstate nuptials (images of the new cut soon). So in the three weeks I spent gallivanting about this city, it nearly became a requirement to sport some type of head gear...And thus my obsession with turbans has resurfaced from it's 2007 hibernation. I've been lusting for the scarves and shirts turned turbans that the fabulously stylish June Ambrose has been wearing. Yesterday she posted a step by step tutorial on how to recreate your own...the stars aligned and all my dreams came true!

1: Start with a large scarf that can fold into a triangle.

2: Treat your scarf like a towel after washing your hair, but tie it once at the front.

3: Tuck the excess fabric at the base of your turban.

4: The profile should look like a Mohawk.
{all images by June Ambrose}


There you have it! June offers great styling tips and designer finds, along with incredible daily wardrobe images. To get in on her professional how to's, follow her on twitter @juneAmbrose.

1 comment:

Cleo Rogers said...

This is great. I really like the turban style. Now I'm inspired to try it myself!
Click here for World Wide Non-Emergency Medical Transportation