10.13.2010

Obsession Confession...

Too much of a good thing can't be bad right?! In life when I find those items that feel like a second skin I become incredibly loyal...to the point of being borderline obnoxious. Ok, I might be a little hard on myself, but when I find that piece that fits so perfectly like it's always been there, I want to wear it daily. Which explains the current state I'm in.

I love a turban, real or make shift! I didn't realize my magnitude of admiration until coming home one day and my roommate asking "Will I ever see your hair or the top of your head again?!" I tried to use the, "I just shaved the side of my head and I'm cold," as an excuse but in the same breathe I repented and said I just liked it! Get ready because you are about to embark on a lot of turban posts and DIY projects!
{jak and jill--style.com}

Army green is the color du jour this season and I can't get enough of it. It has already infiltrated into my wardrobe as a neutral and a staple in the form of pants, shirts, and jackets. Maybe an army turban should be in the works?!!? Never the less, I love seeing the shade being embraced by men and women alike. Especially when it's paired with a bolder counterpart with texture and depth.
{jak and jill--style.com}

I'm a sucker for red lips, lover of leather, and advocate of all black everything! I've been living in a ruby red lips phase for the last couple of days and don't see it fading any time soon! I've been casually looking for new red shades so let me know if you have a secret weapon I could borrow for my beauty arsenal.
{marie claire}

I've been searching vintage and thrift stores high and low for a few new vintage rock t-shirts. The trick to making them look extra worn in is to wash them on ultra high heat, which I'm willing to work for this look, just can't find the right foundation. I love that MK paired hers with a glitzy necklace. I would follow suit and pair with my current denim fave (post coming soon,) rock star heeled platforms, and my self designed Fenton Fallon necklace (here)!
{olsen anonymous}

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm on the hunt for a cute and charming turban, a la Carrie Bradshaw in SACT II.