10.22.2010

Doppelganger Dress Up...

I'd like to introduce you to my doppelganger, Ryan...

21 years old//Works in the film industry//Comic aficionado//Partner in crime

Really, you don't think we look a like?! I use the term doppelganger loosely. Ok, we do not look anything alike, but we are so similar in life that it feels like we were separated at birth. Ryan was visiting this past week from LA for his sister's birthday. Monday I spent the day running around the city shopping with Des (sis) and Ryan. Towards the end of our shopping afternoon, while in TopMan, I was informed that I could pick out anything for him to try and and we could have a dress up session. I literally think I squealed and was overcome by joy rage!


As you can see, I was more than excited to hit the dressing room with some new digs! Styling makes my heart beat!!

My favorite part of this look::the pants...intentionally shorter than Ryan is used to. I would have finished off the look with either a black bow tie or skinny tie and a pair of oxfords.

Christmas in October!!! We all agreed that this would be the perfect holiday sweater. It's paired with navy wool pants and a denim button down shirt (you all are fully aware of my love and uncontrollable tendency to layer)! For this look I would have thrown on a pair of vintage dark brown lace up boots with the pants tucked in and laces undone.


Here go the layers again!...and I've realized that I like a polished look that is a little undone...hence why shirt tails are often showing! I can't totally strip Ryan of his comfort level so I would throw on a cool pair of kicks (a new pair of denim Margiela high tops I spotted yesterday).

Des, thank you for documenting the day's adventures! Ryan, thanks for ditching your West Coast disposition and letting me play dress up/boss you around!! Just so you know I've sent these images to a couple modeling agencies so it looks like you'll be back in NYC before you anticipated!...
you're welcome! :)