5.13.2010

What I Want Now...Fashion Nostalgia

{imbd.com}

I recently watched Almost Famous followed by Dazed and Confused. For the last couple of months I have been attracted to all things 70's inspired. I have always been inspired by the fashionable nostalgia of the hippie culture decade, and more recently it has been showing up on my "must have" list in every form imaginable. I've spent quite a bit of time running from thrift store to thrift store looking for such desired pieces. Still on the hunt for some additional garments...

{eBay.com}
I'm DYING for a pair of vintage 70's Levi Strauss high waist bell bottoms. For the last year or so I've been proclaiming the return of wide leg britches. Whether others follow suit or not, they are a must have piece to incorporate into my wardrobe.

{style.com}
Another Derek Lam piece I'm coveting. I love the off the shoulder silhouette and the "in the buff" color. I'm no where brave enough to wear as is, and there is a vague premonition to pair with the previous mentioned.

{payless.com}
Lets not stop while we're ahead. I feel vexatious for even repeating myself about clogs, but what can you do. My mom found this pair at Payless, part of the company's collaboration with fashion house Alice and Olivia. Another clog option to dip my toe into!!!

What decade is inspiring you?! What do you want now?!

1 comment:

JRenee said...

Honey, I found my Levis wide legged britches at the housing works thrift down town and I am in LOVE! Just bought myself some high waisted black linen shorts too.. now I know what my mom was talking about all these years!