5.24.2010

I Can't Sing...


While home in Texas a couple weeks ago my mom and I got to talking about Bob Dylan. Until recently I had never really listened to his music (not sure why not, he can play a sick harmonica)! I think Bob was for my mom and his son, Wall Flowers front man, Jakob was my cup of tea. Bob Dylan was always more of a style symbol to me...Now I see him as both a musical wizard and fashion-savvy minimalist.


His style has always been easy and simple. A conundrum of fitted dark color turtle necks, perfectly tailored jackets/blazers, pants almost as slim as Mick Jagger's figure, and the infamous black sunnies that went everywhere with him. Dylan's facile style and demeanor seems more appealing then ever. I love me some accessories and intricately styled ensembles... but this simplicity of putting on well tailored pieces with a stand out signature accessory seems to call my name more than ever. I think in the coming days I will be channeling a low key Dylan style to get me through an already intensely exhausting week.



{christopher niquet}

How incredible are his boots? Lusting for a pair equally as chic...

No comments: