5.09.2010

Mother's Day Style Icon...




Most of you have already been introduced to my mom... Either from a wardrobe spotlight, a special feature, or because she's created something fabulous for me. I am home in Texas for the next week. While packing for the trip I realized I haven't been home for a Mother's Day celebration since high school. My mom is my best friend, biggest cheerleader and advocate, and a constant source of inspiration. She's beyond generous, our family rock and voice of reason, talented beyond belief, and one of the most creative people I have ever come across in an array of artistic mediums. She's been a fabulous teacher, sensitive curator, nurturing mother/grandmother, and is adored by everyone that meets her (just ask any of my friends)! So lets start from the beginning...

How adorable was my mom?! I love the color of the canary yellow dress and her pig tails.

I couldn't resist posting a few images of my Grandma Leila (mom's mom). You'll see that she was incredibly stylish and beautiful and my mom inherited every ounce of style and beauty.


I want to frame these two images of my mom and dad. My dad had just returned from war and it was around Christmas. Please take a long look at my mom's fur trimmed coat. DYING!!! She should have kept this for me. I definitely have acquired my love for fur from her.

I love that my parents are wearing his and her trench coats. Classic in every way.

On her way to the hospital to have a baby and look how she's dressed! Accessories are spot on too, adorable purse, coiffed hair, and the perfect little suitcase.

Channeling Twiggy... and she made both of these dresses of course!

Not long after my brother was born. In love with this pink dress and her hair in the perfect up do.

Always spot on with accessories. I might have to re-post these so you can see the details. Her stripe bell bottom pants I'm lusting for. Exactly what I want now in the same vain as Balmain's fall collection a few seasons ago.

My mom pregnant again but this time with my sister Leila. Loving her jeans...Currently watching a similar pair on eBay. Wishing that top was passed down to me, would love to pair it with DIY studded cut offs.

This is my absolute favorite outfit I've seen my mom in. It is in the same vain of an ensemble I would wear now and it is exquisitely accessorized.

I mean come on.. How cool is she in her aviator sunnies, hobo bag, and casual effortless sandals?!?!?

Seriously perfectly accessorized...red polish on her fingers and toes, delicate necklace, and amazing wedding ring. Oh yeah and a cute little daughter to boot!

My mom and sister in flowing sundresses in the Dominican Republic.

As you can see, my mom is indescribably and jaw droppingly chic. My firmly planted allegiance to fashion begins and ends with my mother's iconic style. Mom thank you for everything you do for this family, for me, my friends :) always with a smile and cheerful heart. I love you!

!Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Holli said...

1. I love your mom!!!
2. I want to see a pic of you and your mom together from way back when....so find me one of those please!....Thank you!
3. Miss you like Whoa!

chloe rose said...

Hiya,

these pictures are so precious. you need to enter them in free people's latest boho mum competition!!!