5.11.2010

Sir Mix-A-Lot....

I've been neglecting you guys, but for good reason. I'm home in Texas enjoying family time with my parents, sister, and nephew. I can't lie, it's been a very relaxing time of laying by the pool, sleeping in, home cooked meals, and some incredible shopping. I have been catching up on fashion and doing research through a stack of glossies. I saw this image in Lucky Magazine and flipped over the medley of stars and stripes at Derek Lam. I think it's absolutely genius and a fresh take on the mixology trend that is a buzz.
{lucky magazine}

{style.com}


"Mixers" are definitely in the air...only a few pages after the Derek Lam spotlight, I landed on this adorable ensemble of polka dots and seersucker. Texture, proportion, and a complementary palette, Jackpot!
{lucky magazine}

Keeping my eye out for similar pieces while I'm engaging in more vintage shopping. I think playing with patterns is such a great way to expand the scope of a style/editing eye.

1 comment:

JRenee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.