5.19.2010

Friday Night Lights...

I have a tendency of getting ahead of myself frequently and in many areas of my life! All of yesterday, I was under the impression that it is Wednesday and we're half way to the weekend...Oh to dream! My weekend is full of birthday, graduation, and house warming celebrations so of course I'm already attempting to plan my outfits accordingly. I give my closet a hard time, but in all honesty it treats me very well. However, sometimes at the end of the day I want something new and unexpected. After a phone conversation (most of which was spent making fun of me for a particular movie and then discussion over outfit options for the weekend) with a soon to be graduate, Ms. Roxy, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to partake in the lingerie as outwear trend and spice things up in a pair of lace tap shorts (***GULP***). Donning such suggestive bottoms means I need to offset the look with something more covered up and moderately masculine. I kept thinking a jacket of some sort but nothing in my repertoire seemed to fit the bill. Then it hit me...

Black long sleeve slouchy tee
+Lace tap shorts
+Uber sheer knee high socks
+Tenacious gold chain necklace
______________________
My full time fancy meets subdued masculine party mix! (shoes to be determined but most likely black heels of some sort)

{alexander wang t, anthropologie lace tap shorts, m&j chain, american apparel knee highs}

Aside from being ahead of myself, stubborn and stuck in my ways for outfits happens to be my other kryptonite. Trying to remain open minded when it comes to the latter half of the ensemble. I encountered these adorable lace bloomers and thought, maybe just maybe! Some serious styling tricks will come into play to negate the transparency of the shorts though (ie flesh tone biker shorts???).
{american apparel}

Believe me, I know...I even surprised myself with this here!!!! We shall see if all goes according to plan on Friday and how well I can execute the idea. Wish me luck and stay tuned!

No comments: