5.05.2010

Charm the Birds Out of Trees...

I love accessories...especially rings. When my life was simple (if that were ever true) I was a classic by the book ring bearer. A ring or two strategically placed on each hand with an occasional pinkie or thumb ring...depending on the day. As of late I keep adding rings to my finger repertoire, the more the "merrier" right?! Ok ok, not that type of ring. I've been looking for rings with character, something that looks like it has a family tree, loved well, and caliber. I was browsing through some websites for fun and immediately thought of Digby and Iona. A while back I posted about their sample sale with an image of the 14 pt deer ring that is mounted on Becky's hand daily (here). In my harmless search this is what I found...


The Stump Ring...

{all images from digby and iona}

I'm the girl that cringes a little at overt sugary sweet romantic gestures. However, I can't deny this, it's so adorable. Obviously made to resemble a tree stump with an engraved heart on the side. The best part is that you can personalize the ring with that special someone's initials. I know so sweet you want to gag yourself SLASH your heart melts a little at the same time. It has a story to it, character, individuality, and old romantic symbolism. Head over heels for this ring, just so dang cute and charming!

ox.sterling $170; with initials $210
ox. sterling & brass $180; with initials $220

1 comment:

hang me in your closet. said...

omg... my heart just did a little dance. love digby and iona!!!! eeee. so smart.