2.15.2010

HauteLook:: Rachel Pally

Friday night I went to the Rachel Pally presentation with my bestie, Chinae, at the Bryant Park Hotel. My heart holds a special place for Rachel Pally clothes...I bought my first piece on my 21st birthday. I've loved the dress forever. The weeks leading up to the infamous purchase I would stroll into the store, flip through the racks, try on the same dresses repeatedly, only to fall in love with the same one every time. It was a halter top long dress with a low back in a dark powder blue with a sea foam green empire band. So comfortable, easy to wear, and different than what anyone else was wearing at my school. This past summer I had to retire the dress. It's neatly tucked away in bag, in a box, in a suitcase under my bed.

Still getting used to owning a new digi cam so I only snapped two looks from the whole night. Although my favorite was not captured..it was a 70's inspired black long dress that fell off the shoulder with a mini ruffle and paired with a black belt with chains hanging haphazardly. INCREDIBLE!

Lets be honest for a second... One of the main reasons we go to fashion events is to see what other people are wearing and get inspired. While at the presentation I was eyeing this vest from across the room. Walking to go grab another pear-peach something or other I received a complement on the bib necklace I was wearing. As I glanced over my shoulder to bark a thank you, I realized who it came from. I spun around and introduced myself to Molly. She works in a showroom, we chatted about all things fashion, and course gabbed about the incredible beaded vest she was donning made by a friend.

I loved her style! She was such a sweetheart and I can't wait to catch up with her soon. All in all, it was a great fashionable night and beginning to fashion week chaos.


No comments: