2.16.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Decades Trunk Show+ Duet Dance Party

Saturday night was a mis-mosh of events. I started at the Decades Two trunk show. It was an event full of vintage couture that I drooled over. After I took in all that I couldn't afford, I trekked over to Williamsburg to dance the night away. My friend's band, Duet, is best described as a band that uses dance type originals mixed with ironic covers to create a dance off that is sands the fluff! Definitely a show you should check out...as a matter of fact you can see the trio play this Friday at Webster Hall. I'm still in limbo when it comes to not spending my money and shopping my own closet. I'm finding that some of my old neglected pieces are pulling through to add some spark and pizzaz.

{please excuse the sweat drenched look...I was dancing for 2 straight hours}


Jacket: Thrifted tuxedo jacket
Dress: H&M strapless burlap dress
Shirt: Lace t-shirt made by my mother! (I need a name for her designs)
Tights: Black sparkle tights, a gift from a friend's Korea trip
Shoes: Steve Madden cognac knee high boots--dancing shoes (prior to the Duet show, I had on a pair of black Christian Siriano booties for the decades event).
Belt: Multi color-braided belt from Goodwill

No comments: