2.21.2010

Sustainable Fashion World

In the last couple of weeks I have seen more Earth Day products than I ever thought imaginable. I'm not complaining, not even close... Just very surprised at the unexpected. Triscuit is featuring a plant-able box with dill seeds embedded in the decomposable cardboard. Sun Chip bags can be planted to grow a plant in 12 weeks I believe, and H&M is connecting on this Eco-friendly and now fashionable trend. Before we go there, I had to bring attention to these shoes.

{Nitrolicious}
I spotted these faux beauties this weekend from H&M. A knock-off/inspired by Alexander Wang, I had no idea these were even available for the winter collection. Kicking myself now for my negligence. On a frantic hunt to find a pair in my size...anywhere.. About to put out a reward. Size 8.5-9!!!!!

H&M is releasing a new collection, The Garden Collection. All the pieces under this umbrella are made with environmentally adapted materials like recylced polyester, organic cotton, and organic linen. The garments look adorable just from the quick looks I've seen from the lookbook.

{top::$12.95, skirt::$29.95}

I love both this top and skirt. A great ensemble together but also excellent summer essentials to mix and match with the likes of linen palazzo pants and/or striped fitted t-shirts.
{top::$24.95}

I'm obsessed with this top. Definitely want it in both colors to wear over sized with distressed DIY cut off shorts or as a sweet breezy beach cover up. The stripe pattern is made of floral detailing from recycled polyester.
{shorts::$29.95}

I'm not sure I can pull these shorts off, but I think they are the bee's knees! The two tiered ruffle is a sugary sweet touch that I would love to off set with an edgier counterpart.
{dress::$39.95}

I first saw this dress in the red version and shrieked. SO ADORABLE. I'm not one to wear head to toe red, so when I saw the white I grinned. This is the perfect summer rehearsal dinner dress...For the bride ladies! I know I had the same thought but I'll just have to settle for the jacket. I can rock the red version of the jacket...still a girlish piece but allows opportunities to tone down with distressed and combative pieces.

{jacket::$59.95}

{jacket::$34.95}

I love the idea of a light weight breezy jacket that is still grasping to be militant. A great last minute addition for chillier nights. This will most likely turn into my summer time version of what my leather jacket is currently. Goes with everything, punches up a look, and provides actual utility.

For more information about the earth day inspired collection, pictures, prices, etc... click here!



all images from H&M

No comments: