7.23.2010

New Design Disposition...

Last week I went to the 44th floor in a building off Broadway to preview Talbots Winter 2010 collection. I heard they had a new team of designers that were changing things up a bit and I was eager to see what they had in store. I was stunned... The collection was not at all what I expected. Layers of fur, cashmere, sequins, plaid, even a pair of slim silhouetted cargo wool pants.

This was hands down my favorite outfit in the showroom. Sequins + Plaid + Short gloves = ADORABLE. An order will soon be placed to my mother for a buffalo plaid coat and then I'm hoping to snag this gunmetal sequin tank dress. I fell in love with the necklace adorning the mannequins neck and to my surprise, received my very own thanks to the lovely and generous team.


These looks are all appropriate and relevant for mi madre. I can totally see her in the white pants and gold sequin t-shirt. Slim fit cropped pants have always been her forte a la Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face... The white cardigan with gold metallic brocade pants is a must.

I'm not a huge proponent of suits, but this army green number is pretty cute. The ruffled skirt takes it out of the conventional, conservative, expected power suit realm.

This will be another go to winter ensemble for me. An adorable chunky sweater dress with tights, knee high riding boots, and a belt... and an occasional silk slip underneath to add some detail and texture.

Amazing accessories, ie fur, will be the perfect finish to any F/W ensemble!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

wow, that's Talbots!? I might need to pop in there.