11.05.2009

Couture When It's Haute...John Paul Gaultier

You can't talk one of a kind, hand made pieces and not mention the king of couture, John Paul Gaultier. I desperately wish I could hear the things that are going on in his head. Creativity and innovation ooze from his finger tips. I'm so excited to see what he dreams up for his Target collaboration. While his pieces still carry the couture name, they also come across as understandable and relatable. None the less, you still get the sense of high end craftsmanship and luxury.

Two of my favorite things just collided...sequins and fur! This is too good to be true. First off, can we talk about a full sequin jumpsuit..No this isn't in the jumpsuit family, this is full on overalls. An overall that I would actually approve of. Dynamite, magnificent, glorious, love it! Then comes the luxurious, supple, soft, heart warming fur. It just looks decadent.

Overtly sexual and loving it. Such a great balance of old Hollywood glamour with classic Americana silhouette and style. This needs no accessories other than a bright bold red pout.

Nothing can really be said about this fabulous jacket. Two words will simply do.. I Want!

I have to be honest, the fur was the first thing that caught my attention. Then came the sailor inspired high waist pants that have the sexy slits up the front indiscreetly hidden by shiny onyx buttons. Love this 50's pinup inspired look. FOXY!!!!!

Everything about this outfit I want... The printed mini, long strands of black and white pearls, thigh high boots, and an exaggerated satin, floor sweeping coat. Dying, Dying Dying!!!! The look is perfectly proportioned and understandable. SMART!

No comments: