11.09.2009

DIY Operation Cowboy Booties Is A Go

This weekend I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to take on the flea markets. I was determined to find my cowboy boots for a DIY project I have been trying to complete with a friend. Saturday I went down to the Hell's Kitchen flea market, excited to see some old vendor friends and potential new treasures. My first stop was to see my friend Ann at Ann's Corner. We both share a love for Texas, an appreciation for the mountains and foliage in Knoxville, TN, and obsession with vintage and thrift shopping. After a brief catch up conversation, Ann quickly shuffled me into the merchandise to browse. I believe her last words were, "I have something that has your name all over it but I want to see if you pick it up!"


I've finally found my cowboy boots!!!! "All black everything" with a steel toe embossed with a longhorn. I mean, does Ann know me or what? I quickly snatched up my coveted find and headed home, satisfied with my new gems. I got home to ensue the DIY project and couldn't cut the boots. I couldn't even pick up the scissors. So my project has been rerouted. I'm going to keep the longhorn boots intact. My well loved TN cowboy boots will be getting the much anticipated makeover. Now that it is settled, pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

lowleeta said...

yessss!! great decision. obsessed with the new boots.