11.02.2009

Finally, My Military Moment!

I believe it was Luella Bartley's Fall 2007 collection I saw when I first began to take notice. The collection had a very proper British feel to it, but in a way that still showcased saturated, pigmented colors. My favorite piece from the collection was this Sgt. Pepper's military inspired coat. I loved the deep midnight navy paired with fuchsia and yellow. I liked the fact that it was an actual, floor sweeping coat (I never realized how necessary a coat like this would be until this past NY winter). For the last couple of seasons I have continued to pull up this image and just lust over it's beautifully constructed stature. When I couldn't get my hands on this coat, or anything in the same vain, I recruited my mother to pull out all the stops.


This morning I received a package from Texas that transcended all expectations. My coat finally arrived and just in time for some chillier weather we are anticipating. Hard to tell from the photos but the coat is deep midnight navy with fuchsia and yellow/gold details. (Sorry for the poor picture quality, had a friend take it with my phone).


I'm in love with this coat. I wore it tonight to the NY Mag's taste New York event even though it wasn't completely weather necessary/appropriate. So anxious to wear this casually with jeans and boots.

THANK YOU MADRE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

bloggerprofie said...

Gosh that is a gorgeous coat!! I need a killer military jacket like that! ♥