11.12.2009

Angora Attire

We are about to enter into my third New York winter. With two previous snowy seasons under my belt you would think I would be appropriately equipped for the chill. !FALSE! At the slightest hint of a blistering wind I'm reminded how different New York winters are from my most recent stint in Tennessee and life changing from my Texas up bringing. I examined my stored winter wardrobe recently and I have no winter items to show. I have a few thin cashmere sweaters I acquired at a previous job and one and half chunky sweaters I might have snagged from an old roommate. I've always been able to make it through the chill with a closet based on dresses and tights, but this year I'm wanting to change things up a bit. While I fully intend to robe myself in a plethora of tights and leggings, I've invested in some pants that are desperately clamoring for cozy, flocculent, snugly counterparts. I'm not a fan of your typical Old Navy main stream turtle neck knits...they make me claustrophobic and irritate my skin. Ok that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they do nothing for me. There's no character to them. So I spent a good portion of my day vintage shopping for lush angora vintage sweaters.

I'm a closet case hoarder for over sized cardigans and this is no exception. I love the muted blonde color...especially with the gray boots!

The front detail of this sweater is equally as beautiful. We need to put more structure back into our knits.

I'm for all things bedazzled, bejeweled, sparkly, glittery, ornate! I'm loving the detail at the sleeve cuffs.

By far my favorite that I've found. Supple angora paired with cozy rabbit. YES PLEASE!

Jimmy Choo for H&M. Fabulous!

A Topshop find from this month's issue of Marie Claire. As said before (by Rachel Zoe and myself) "love me a sequin!"

No comments: