11.18.2009

Bottoms Up

My current obsession stems from a revisit I took to Balmain's Fall 2007 collection. I was scrolling through the collection and when I stumbled upon the first pair of over exaggerated leg flared pants I shrieked! It was almost like my fashion life flashed before my eyes. Instantly I started seeing bell bottoms everywhere...on style icons I worship, musicians I adore (***cough***Lenny Kravitz***cough***), and even visions of my teen years when they briefly resurfaced on the retail circuit aka Limited Too. I regularly don a pair of slim or skinny fit jeans but so does everyone else! Williamsburg has infiltrated Manhattan! And my boyfriend jeans, like most men, have just lost their appeal lately.


Bell Bottoms are the answer I've been looking for. I quickly jumped up and dug to the bottom of my pants drawer. Right as nervous anxiety began to creep in, I came up with a pair of bell bottom jeans I purchased at Gap last fall. I slipped into the baby blues and sighed with relief. Dark washed, leg lengthening, ass hugging, heels required, extreme flared perfection! I'm now obsessed with this single, lone pair and hoping to update my denim collection with more of this retro silhouette.

Show me some shine and glitz and I melt. Love that the pants look like liquid gun metal or something dangerous like that! Gives off this, don't mess with me, bad ass I'm too cool to be a Harley chick vibe!

This tie dye pair might be the fairest of them all. Effortlessly cool and killer with the sequin top. Exactly how I want to dress everyday for the holidays this year!

So excited for my new, reincorporated second skins! Planning on a wardrobe post tomorrow!

(all images from Style.com)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Definitely, lets invite Erin and Alexa to coffee and flea marketing and if they don't show, then just you and I can go. Seriously though.

PS http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/tag/alexa-chung/
Check this out. You can see what Alexa wears on her show, since most of us have to work and I ALWAYS forget that I want to DVR it cause I've never seen it.

M.Shuffle said...

you should do a melba toast inspired post. i'm thinking, liquid leggings/track jacket and a bejeweled flask.