11.03.2009

Hipsters: So Hip It Hurts

I'm dying over these images!!!!! Last night I spent two hours on V Magazine's website. I love that the magazine is about incorporating fashion with all the things that inspire it. Music, parties, celebs, photographs, it's exactly what a magazine should be about. I started going through some of the fashion spreads and was in complete awe of the creative minds of each stylist. Link after link I was inspired and excited for how fashion has become a real artistic expression. After viewing a few articles I ended at the Art Partner agency website. I started clicking through the portfolios of their represented stylists and quickly fell in love with Lucinda Chambers.

Chambers' style is exactly what I'm all about right now. A take on an edgier, tougher style that hasn't lost an ounce of sensuality or beauty. I would give just about anything for the chance to work with Chambers. Even though the looks are very prominent and spoken for, they come across with such ease. How does she make it look so effortless?! She's styled everything to the nth detail. The hair is immaculate (I want to replicate myself), the accessories are dynamite, and even the pale light hearted manicure is well thought out.

Even though the model doesn't have pants on, that's not what you notice or focus on. Chambers did a great job of calling all the attention up to the core and shoulders by using the fur shrug. However when you do notice that she's not wearing pants all you see is a great pair of innovate heels (of which I'm not coveting).

This is by far one of the coolest looks I've seen in a long time. Sequin cardigan CHECK/YES PLEASE (a piece I'm currently commissioning from my mother)! It's not even the sequins with the sun burning off of them that I'm blown away by. It's a close second but what I want to get my hands on is a pair of distressed white/grey slim jeans with pyramid studded over the knee patches. HOT DAMN nothing could be cooler...and paired with my soon to be DIY cowboy booties...Ok now I have to stop this kind of talk! I'll rightfully assume that the jeans are far out of my price range so I've just given myself another DIY project to add to the list.

thank you Lucinda for sharing your creative outpour with the rest of us! we're not worthy..we're not worthy!!!

(all images from Lucinda Chamber's portfolio represented by Art Partner)