12.08.2010

Head Cold...

Right before Thanksgiving I fell into a hair dilemma...which happens every 8 weeks like clock work. I want to continue keeping the top long but was more than anxious for a change up. The night before Thanksgiving I got off work early and decided to treat myself to a manicure. Before I could make it to the nail salon, I was marching into the hair salon with a vague idea of what I wanted and desperation for something new. I remember talking to the stylist but was unsure of any of the words that were coming out of my mouth. I was seated in the chair and out came the clippers (exactly what I wanted). In just three minutes half the hair on the left side of my head was gone and I was thrilled! As she was dusting off the trimmed hair from my shoulder, I took one last look in the mirror and suggested we do the same treatment to the right side. So I walked out with both sides of my head shaved down to the skin!

This was the first image that I sent to my mother, who fortunately for me, totally understands my crazy impulsive decisions and always likes the newest hair cut better than the last.

It's taken a bit to figure out different ways to style it (and to remember to bring a hat with me daily), but I love it! It's already grown out a bit and these days I'm channeling Jerry Lee Lewis' hair (I've expressed my love for him here and here).

My friends were surprised but know what to expect from me at this point... but I realized that I often times even surprise myself!


No comments: