9.22.2010

Welcome Home...

Since my return from Peru, I have been battling with the city and a ticking clock to find an apartment. NYC: 4 pts vs Coco Canal: 6pts

It is official, I'm moving to Park Slope, Brooklyn with two of my besties, Shuffle and Chinae, who you've been introduced to here! I'm so excited to move into our new pad and make it feel like home. We are in love with the space and location and for the first time in my New York life I will be living 1: In a brand new apartment, 2: Below the 4th floor! Don't get me wrong, the stairs for the last three and a half years have done wonders for my caboose and legs, but a second floor apartment is a dream come true! Now to the business of decorating.

Yes, it is absolutely necessary for me to have a sheepskin rug in my room. It feels luxurious, telling of my wardrobe, and grown up. This bad boy will only cost $25 at Ikea, granted it's not the largest rug possible, BUT, my idea is to purchase a couple and secure them together.
{ikea.com}

A sense of humor is the backbone to my life (paired with a roaring laugh) and I want that to come across in my room. I love these skulls with their accoutrements. (I see a DIY project brewing)!
{coco+kelley}

Closet space is always tricky for NY apartments...or maybe I just have a shopping problem. Whatever the culprit, I'm looking for creative ways to store some of my wardrobe goodies. I saw this image on Coco+Kelley and clicked my heels three times!
{coco+kelley}

I'm finally investing in a new sewing machine! I don't want to keep all the parts and accessories tucked away and this is an adorable way to have things on hand but without the clutter!
{coco+kelley}

I can't wait to move in and settle into our new abode. Once everything is mostly settled in, I will post some pictures. Have a great weekend!

No comments: