9.28.2010

Knees and Toes...Knees and Toes...

Coco Chanel believed that knees were the ugliest part of the female anatomy and I am gradually coming along side her in that belief. I'll explain... I enthusiastically embraced the raised hemlines the last couple of seasons...As did Ms. Chanel when she raised hemlines in the 20's, but to that end, they always stayed firmly on or below the bony joint. Now and again I like to show a good portion of honking thigh...there are definitely days and events that call for it, but the ability to be demure packs just as much sex appeal.

The trick is in the proportions. If I'm wearing a shorter dress/skirt my top half will be more covered up and vice versa...generally speaking! Recently I was revisiting my Fall 2010 runway inspiration images and became verklempt when I saw the below the knee full leather skirts and corsets doubling as breast plates at Louis Vuitton. The emphasis from the leg moves up north to accentuated waists and an overflow of breasts.

{style.com}
Oh sweet lady like demeanor! I'm excited for a change of length this fall. I've already been envisioning a plethora of just at the knee skirts worn with::

*sturdy platform heels
*thigh high boots
*cozy cashmere sweaters
*leather jackets lined in shearling
*well tailored blazers

ok... that's just the start! :)

No comments: