6.25.2010

What I Want Now:: Elle Street Style...

One of the best parts about living in New York is the people watching. It's unlike any other city...This weekend I'm going to the beach and a Mets/Twins game so I'm excited for my people watching opportunities. In the spirit of it all, I was clicking through various sites and blogs to find some inspiration for my weekend attire.

I'm usually the first to nay-say a pair of cargo shorts/pants but lately I'm beginning to eat my words. The updated silhouette I've been seeing around is totally appealing! Slim through the leg, often cropped, and bye bye bulky pockets. The more I see them around, the more I've begun to covet my own pair. It's a battle... I vetoed double denim and now it's part of my weekly wardrobe rotation. I have to stand firm in something...Oh who am I kidding, once I find the perfect pair I'll be donning them just as frequently as double denim. And I think a pair in army green is just as versatile as it is classic... a summer trend that translates into fall and is quickly becoming a wardrobe must have!
{elle.com; street chic daily}

I'm a sucker for anything that sparkles so a large portion of my closet has been transformed by sequins. I saw this sequin romper in the current issue of Elle and squealed! Desperate to own it, but even more compelled to wear my denim jacket with a sequin dress for a birthday bash I'm attending tonight. The weather has cooled off just enough to make the pairing somewhat bearable!...we shall see!
{elle; A to Zee}

Excited to document some street style inspiration and have a somewhat quintessential NY summer weekend! What are you inspired by and who/where do you turn to for a style pick me up?!

No comments: