6.01.2010

Maisonette 1977 Fall Preview

Last Wednesday I headed up Broadway to the Empire Hotel for the Maisonette 1977 fall 2010 preview. The collection was incredible, something for every occasion and an excuse to add layer upon layer, aka my fashion crime. You'll find grunge undertones veiled amidst sophisticated, casual, and tailored pieces.


I haven't stopped thinking about this jacket since I left. Leather, fur, versatility, and detail...perfection! What I quickly realized from the collection is that Jane is a maven when it comes to working with leather. To see how she can manipulate and interpret the fabric is mind blowing.

Some are over the harem trend but this pair I couldn't get enough of. Maybe it's not so much the pant but the styling with bold printed tops and casual jackets that keep the look business appropriate and "freelance fancy!" The jacket on the right is another example of Jane's leather genius.

The knits were killer. If it wouldn't have been 90 degrees, I'm sure I would have walked away with one in every color and style. One of my favorite aspects of the collection is the way Jane mixes patterns and prints. She has a way of affiliating fabrics that compliment and elevate her design. How adorable is the jacket on the left?...you know me, I'm a sucker for outerwear.

I want to own this dress in a zillion different colors and prints. It's an effortless and sensible silhouette that fulfills a multitude of conveniences. I also think the styling of this is genius (harem pants tucked into patterned knee high leg warmers).

{all images from maisonette 1977}

No comments: