6.29.2010

Return To Classic Prep...

A week or so ago I was at dinner with a group of friends (we constantly roll 14+ deep). At my end of the table we were of course talking all things fashion and the boys were joining in on the convo correctly pronouncing Givenchy and Yves Saint Laurent (I like to think I've trained them well). We were talking about our personal style, giving our two sense on other's, and discussing our next wardrobe purchase. I realized after a comment was made that quite often I have an unrealistic view of my personal style. I am adventurous, often quirky, a little schizophrenic, and unapologetic...but not as avant garde as I think I am. I shrugged off the comment but it came flooding back as soon as I started flagging images from DSquared's Resort 2011 collection which reintroduces their vision for classic, quintessential prepster.


I love a polished look...especially when the silhouette is accentuated with energetic tones. The straight leg pant that is traditional "for the office" wear is made downtown cool by a blazer with an illuminated color combo and a "didn't even think about it, just threw it on" aura.

DSquared has a knack for taking the classic prepster image and injecting it with new life. The jacket in citrus orange is killing me, and the pairing with grey and white is equal parts genius and refreshing. The tuxedo jacket with boyfriend fit jeans is my style comfort zone. Classic pieces that have a slight tick to keep it from being monotonous.

The fit on men at the fashion house is unlike any other. This wool tuxedo is flawless. If I were seen with a man showcasing this suit, I would high five myself! In the last year I have welcomed high waist wide leg pants with open arms. Something about being this classic appeals to me every now and then. I always feel a rejuvenated air of sophistication, royalty, and hint of sex appeal when I slip into a pair. Loving the exposed skin top with a strategically placed jacket draped around the shoulders. A look I must replicate this fall.

{all images style.com}

No comments: