1.19.2010

Nothing On the Agenda

This past Saturday I went shopping with a friend to help her find a dress for her birthday and for a wedding. She did a little research prior (which I love) and found this amazing thrift/vintage store tucked away in Boerum Hill called Re/Dress. I was excited to shop for someone else, it's one of my favorite things...to have no self agenda or expectation. We arrived at the store and I was focused on the task at hand. After we had picked some things for her to try on, I decided to browse while she was in the fitting room. The first rack I came to was home to this incredible fully sequined dress. It gushed with hanger appeal, but I wasn't shopping for myself. My friend, along with the staff, talked me into at least trying it on for fun.

{please ignore bra straps}

I was convinced that it wouldn't "be for me..." ha ha ha. As soon as I zipped it up, I didn't want to take it off. I stood in the fitting room trying to find a zillion reasons why I didn't need it, trying to ignore that fact it fit me perfectly... reasons why we were not meant for each other! Needless to say, I walked out of the store with said dress in hand. While I have nothing on the agenda/calendar that calls for such a fanciful number, I can't wait for the event that calls for this golden ticket. Unknowingly I walked out of the store with a second gift. My friend purchased a pair of tap shoes for me as a treat. While I pretend to know how to tap, in all honesty I can semi shuffle-ball-change and that is the beginning and end of my tapping abilities...and I can not wait to debut my twinkle toes!!!

1 comment:

NayCake said...

love it! im in need of a sequin dress already...

sooo i tried to dm u back but u dont follow me lol so yeah it wouldn't let me but im definitely down to coordinate a post regarding the LnA leggings!