1.24.2010

His and Her's

Men's fashion week has commenced in Milan showcasing collections for Fall 2010. If the ladies weren't representing androgyny enough, the men just took it to a completely new... and exciting level. An abundance of fur has walked down the runway as hats, coats, shirts, gloves, vests, and stoles on the distinguished and rakishly clad men. ***sigh*** be still my heart! Gents, I beg and plead with you to indulge in this luxurious trend. You want this, I know you do! Proof, as any fur enwrapped woman will confess from experience, without consciousness you continuously caress our fur coat/jacket/vest/hat/stole...all of the above. Now you can have one of your very own, and of course I'll benefit too because I WILL be borrowing whatever you partake in. Please take note gentlemen, one fast track way into my heart is investing in this trend (wait, does that mean I'm looking for a pimp?!?!).






Fur was just the beginning of the rich-androgynous inspired trend. Dsquared accompanied by other designers like Junya Wantabe sent sequined ties, jackets, and shirts glistening by the light of the photo pit. Some design houses resurrected the kilt, while others reinvented overalls in the style of a feminine jumper.





Men's fashion week is just the beginning of many shows to come and we're already off to an inspiring start!

{all images from nymag.com}

1 comment:

RaccoonMan said...

I don't know.. if you're a guy, and it's cold enough to wear a fur coat.. by God wear a manly coat _- raccoon or coyote, something full rich and masculine. These designer woosey pieces make me cringe.
I have both a full=length raccoon and coyote coat , plus a black fox stroller. All I comments I receive are positive and totally envious. I am totally heterosexual and just appreciate a fur coat for being the warmest and most sensual item of clothing possible. So does my wife. I know designers are producing for the media and socially endowed. That doesn't cut it in the Colorado Rockies.