7.22.2009

What I Want Now...

My current obsession is all things lace! It started when I saw Philip Lim's Resort 2010 collection and now it's all I can think about. The material is equal parts sexy and delicate and it can be worn year round with the appropriate accoutrements. I recently saw a pink lace circular scarf and now I'm dying to DIY a few for myself. I want to pair the ethereal fabric with contrasting materials like leather and suede, as well as with feminine fabrics like silk gauze and voile. I love the lace t-shirt, it is an unexpected use for lace but lends itself to being able to dress down with jeans or turn glamorous with a high waist silk faille skirt. And the lace La Perla zip front jacket is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while. I love the look of popping a bright color underneath it. I recently walked by an American Apparel in Soho and spotted their lace bodysuit in the window. I can't decide which color to get... stick with practical creme or incorporate vivacious fuchsia?!?!?!

3.1 Philip Lim Resort 2010 collection

Leyendecker lace T-shirt from Bergdorf Goodman

La Perla Spring 2009 Collection

Urban Outfitters Lace Vest

American Apparel Nylon Spandex Lace Bodysuit

No comments: