7.23.2009

Impromptu DIY

I was doing some research (aka shopping) yesterday and came across the most adorable top on Shopbop.


I first lusted after the color combo, I'm all about anything that's bright and eccentric right now. Then it was just the basic silhouette with a special detail that made me fall for it completely. The more I looked at it, the more I realized I could make the top for myself. I've enlisted my fashion addicted stylish friend Becky to help me with the project cause I know she'll encourage and support my eagerness and enthusiasm. Did some more investigating and found what could be the perfect start to the project...


The front of this top is semi-sheer silk with a knit chest pocket. The contrast on the back of the shirt comes from the knit fabric that also makes up the trim. I think I like this very much as the beginning, still the same concept but with a few extra details and elements to make it my own! I quickly flipped through my closet and came across a dress that could be altered a bit in the length to make a black version of the top. If all goes well I'll be sporting one of the tops to a going away party Saturday night. Hopefully successful pictures are to follow!

No comments: