7.07.2009

Stuntman Soho Spree


This morning I met up with my friend Victor, a musician, stuntman, and dance machine for a little shopping spree of sorts.

Victor has been itching for new clothes and I volunteered to spend the day updating his laid back, casual style. The shopping actually began yesterday at our first store in Meatpacking. We took the advice of a friend and went to Helmut Lang to check out the sale. The first purchase was a pair of raw denim straight leg jeans in a dark wash. Victor will have to get used to the tight fit until they are broken in, but we can all tell he's stoked about the purchase. He wore them last night to a friend's show with the hem rolled... a look I LOVE and will advocate any day of the week, but I'm pretty sure he's going to have them hemmed, which is understandable.

Today we started the morning off in Soho at Uniqlo and found a great pair of grey stretch straight leg pants. When I think about it, I should have talked him into buying a second pair because the fit is great and I know he'll wear them every other day. Our next stop was Topman, I can't get enough of this store (which is having a HUGE store wide sale right now). We probably spent an hour and half sauntering the floor going through everything rack by rack, making sure not to miss anything. After both of us had both arms weighed down with merchandise we headed to the fitting room to play dress up. I would say we were pretty successful leaving with 4 v-neck shirts, blue hoodie, and two of the best jackets I have ever seen. One is a navy light weight cardigan that looks like a blazer. Totally something Victor will wear all the time in the fall and in fact he could have worn it today before and after the rain. The second jacket is this grey blazer made out of heathered jersey. It is most likely my favorite piece from the whole day and something he can wear dressed up or down! We ran into Club Monaco and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he or we will go back and pick up the black and white striped cardigan. Our last stop of the day was Urban Outfitters where we found exactly what we were looking for... canvas boat shoes. Again, we should have probably gotten two pairs cause white gets filthy, but I'll blame this misjudgment on low blood sugar.

The lot of goodies we found today! Some excellent shopping was achieved today!

my favorite item of the day... Topman grey jersey blazer

Victor in his new Helmut Lang jeans and Topman Blazer...we were exhausted and full at this point after an impromptu BBQ!

Victor, thanks so much for being a good sport and letting me make you literally shop until you drop! Love everything you picked up today!!!!





No comments: