7.22.2009

Style Icon: Kate Lanphear

I recently made a transformation from being a bit girlish and pristine to a style that is a little edgier and potluck after chopping off my hair. The change was heavily inspired by Rihanna, but has kept up to pace by the aspirational style of Elle's style and fashion editor, Kate Lanphear.


I don't even know where to begin with all the things I love about her style. To start it is focused and edited down. Lanphear has found what she loves and what works best for her (like anything wouldn't work for her though)! Her color palette is a range of black, grey, and white with occasional pops of prime colors to accentuate. Lanphear has a boyish style that is effortlessly chic. She is always casual enough for everyday duties, but has enough glam to attend events, parties, and fanciful soirees. She has a deep admiration for t-shirts and has accessorized them to a chic standard.

Her accessories are to die (or diy) for. She's clad in various Hermes bracelets in such an easy, haphazard way. And her platinum blonde hair is the icing on every ensemble!




I've had my short hair for about a month now and love it more than ever. I never thought I would go as short as I did and now I'm taking it to new heights. Recently saw a picture of Rihanna with shaved sides and thought, maybe that's what I want to do, keep the top long but have short sides...but maybe I should give more credit to Kate for my new locks, seems she had the cut long before Rihanna!



No comments: