11.23.2010

Clothes Encounter...

I feel like I'm apologizing a lot lately for the lack of posts...But in my defense work has really picked up in the best way possible. I don't let a moment go by without realizing how blessed I am to be working my dream job, with crazy talented people, and soaking up every ounce of knowledge and wisdom they graciously bestow upon me. So with the disclaimer out of the way, lets move forward!!! :)

The jobs I have been on and the people I have been working with have sparked a creativity like no other in me. I feel like the wool has been taken off my eyes and I'm seeing colors, styles, silhouettes, all of it the whole nine yards, for the first time in new light. I think my phone is about to crash from the overload of screen shots and image downloads recently. Earlier today I emptied out some of the memory on my phone to share with you.


Yes, I flagged this image because of the Sonia Rykiel pom pom headband. It's a little juvenile and for some reason I can't stop thinking about it...and how, with the help of my friend Yes Jess, I can DIY my own 7 inch pom pom to assault a headband. It could be the fact that I'm addicted to any and all head gear which stems from my debacle of not knowing what to do with my hair at the moment (which is a whole other conversation we need to have). In some way, shape, or form I need to facilitate some kind of action (DIY or purchase) to secure one of these door knockers for my head.

{all the pretty birds}
My wardrobe is more often than not a mix of soft-feminine blended with tough-substantial counterparts. When I saw this look, I thought, DUH! I have an identical jacket and pale pink skirt (which doubles as a dress) to make this look happen. I can see it now, anchored with a pair of grey shearling lined booties, and I think the dark Burgundy lips are the cherry on top. This just might be my outfit for a birthday celebration this weekend.

{all the pretty things}
Everything about this outfit makes my loins burn! The haphazard, "oh this ole thing" attitude and impeccable color combination is so on point. The added sparkle via the necklace is exactly the accessory that keeps this look fresh and ideal for day-to-night translation.

{all the pretty things}
Yes, I'm still on a pants kick and loving it! I got a quick glimpse of these plaid harem pants and it was love at first sight. I believe with all my heart and soul that these are the perfect pants. I have no idea where in the world I will find a pair of pants similar to this within my budget, so Mom...Get to work, Christmas is just around the corner and I need these to go along side a new fur! :) It's not just the pants that are rockin, but the look in its entirety. Baggy shirt, leopard scarf, and men's fedora...YES PLEASE!

And last a quick pic of me with my new friend, Rudy (aka Agyness Deyn's pup). I had the pleasure and privilege of working with Agyness this week. She's the nicest and sweetest lady, and aside from being super cool and gorgeous, she's also got a good head on her shoulders. During a quick chat between takes she showed me her website she recently launched with a friend called NAAG. You must check it out, a combination of fashion, beauty, music, culture...an all around good time of their favorite things, highlighting new and old talent.

I'm glad to be back with you guys! With the holiday this week, you can expect frequent posts from me!

xoxo

1 comment:

E'Jae said...

Love these images! Especially the LV belts piled on. So unexpected.