2.09.2009

Recession Special

This economy is making it harder and harder for me to shop.  I feel a little guilty about spending so freely but I'm also in desperate need of a wardrobe update.  If I have to go another day wearing another boring dress and tights, I really might have to miss a day or two of work.  

Friday at work we got creative in our desperate state to have a revamped look for the weekend adventures.  I fumbled through my diminutive closet and found a Lela Rose dress from her Resort 07-08 collection.  It is lapis, has a lantern sleeve, and button hem detail.  I stopped wearing the dress because it engulfed me.  The length was longer than it should be for my height but because of the button detail, was too awkward to have hemmed.  I kept looking at the dress and realized all I had to do was button the hem off.  The button loops were taught and not meant to be used with such utility.  After struggling with a few button loops my mission was complete.  I threw on my "tunic" with black leggings, an over sized gray cardigan, long necklace, and knee high cognac boots.



I wasn't the only one in the office with the recession blues.  One of my co-workers came in frustrated with the fact that Frye boots are still over priced, even on sale, and we are at the end of their season.  Annoyed with this fact, FZ remade her Frye Veronica Slouch boots into a style that she would get more wear out of with her style.  The boots are shorter but still have the buckle detail at the top as well as the industrial stitching.  When she walked into the office I was floored that she was wearing the same boots from the previous day.  

Today you get the before pictures... The after pictures will be posted ASAP!!!

No comments: