2.15.2009

Better Off the Runway

It is officially fashion week!! My favorite time of the year when it comes to fashion. I'm always anxious to see what the designers have created for the next season.  I'm constantly refreshing my web browser to ensure that I don't miss the moment a new collection is posted and reviewed.  With the blistering weather lately I have been enthusiastically awaiting the arrival of the Fall 09 collections, a little pick me up to get me through the last couple of winter weeks.  I hate to say it, but I have not seen many collections in the first three days that I like.  A lot of the collections have very dark color palettes, boxy and bulky silhouettes, and no luster.  I've found more looks off the runway that I love then on the actual runway.  

I love this woman in her fur.  Her look is the epitome of chic and is totally appropriate for Sunday morning shows!  It exquisitely executed and finished off with the perfect shade of Bordeaux red lipstick.

What I love about this outfit is the combination and proportion of the entire ensemble.  I love the mix of the herringbone wool with navy polka dot top, pop of color from the blood orange elongated cardigan and the chocolate leather jacket with fur trim.  I wish I was wearing this tomorrow for a casual day of work followed by dinner and drinks with friends.  Genius!

What can Rachel Zoe not do?  Her outfit for the Rag and Bone show was perfectly in tune with the look and tone of the designer's collection.  Cool with sophisticated undertones and all the right accessories.  

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't navigate my life through the city in these heels.  I would like to think that I could, but I'm a realist when it comes to my comfort and walking these city streets.  This outfit brings the perfect dose of casual hipster edge into an easy everyday understated dress.  Love the bag, love the shoes, love everything... LOVE TO!

No comments: