1.03.2009

First of Many Furs to Come

This year for Christmas it was almost impossible for me to think of anything that I wanted.  I looked at my wish list of various items and at the top of the list was the Jenni Kayne Coyote Fur Vest from her Fall 2008 collection.  I fell in love with this vest immediately after seeing it.  I can't explain what it is exactly... the vest is glamorous, warm, cozy, and fabulous, just to name a few of it's benefits.  The price tag on the vest is bold at $5,000.  A little more than  I would be willing to ask for, so instead I directed to mom to ebay. 


Taaadaaaaa...I got the fur vest!!! It was the last present underneath the tree and I literally started screaming and dancing around the living room.  The best part of the vest is that it has a great story behind it.  My mom searched for weeks looking for a vest on ebay.  The options were either too expensive, too cheesy, or didn't have the right flare that she knew I was looking for.  My very creative mom, took it upon herself to get innovative.  She purchased a LONG coyote fur coat and remade it into my very own vest.  She kept the original lining and trim and it even has the original woman's name monogrammed on the shoulder (Geri, how very 50's!!!).  I'm in LOVE with my first fur and even more now that is has sentimental significance. Needless to say, I had a glamorous Christmas and have the best mother in the world!!!!! She's so creative and inspires me daily! 


3 comments:

christine said...

it is BEAUTIFUL. she is so talented. love you!

Holli said...

You look HOT! And I love the Vest....Way to go Julie!! LOVE YOU!

lowleeta said...

get get get it gurrrrlllll