10.06.2008

Swokoski Style: Music Never Looked So Good

After a weekend spent out and about, I realized that some of the most stylish people I come into contact with and those that inspire me our my friends. I'm always looking at In Style and Lucky's look of the day, so in an attempt to replicate that I'm spotlighting one of my stylish friends this month!

Age: 22
Resides In: Brooklyn, NY
Occupation: Musician
Favorite Starbucks Drink: I really love the iced grande carmel macchiato. It's so tasty! It has a few pumps of vanilla sweets, ice, 2% milk, two shots of espresso love, and then caramel on top. The way it looks is rad too when the shots fall through the ice and milk!

Favorite Article of Clothing: My favorite piece of clothing will change from season to season. For a while my favorite piece of clothing were my midici boots. black Italian leather boots...so b.a. but now I think it maybe be my plumb/maroon corduroy pants.  They fit real snug.

Favorite Store: Though I don't have anything from there my favorite store right now is Ben Shermy.
My favorite Season: Fall, I love layers and it's the best season for a male to be fashionable.

I'm inspired by: Jesus of Nazareth, Ayn Rand, Wayne Swokowski, John Lenhart, Sugar and Bones, Stephanie Meyer, The Quest, Radiohead, Stevie Wonder, all of my Swokowski brothers, and my dear friends in NYC.

I met Nathaniel in July and was thoroughly impressed with his sense of style. Everything is always so laid back, almost in a haphazard way, and it always works. His style finds its roots in musical inspiration like punk, emo, rockabilly, and jazz. It's never "matchy matchy," (Those in the fashion industry know intentional matching is frowned upon!). He doesn't dress by numbers and every ensemble is always perfectly tailored. Nathaniel dresses for his body type, he always seems to highlight and accentuate the best parts of his physique. Nothing is ever over sized...in fact far from it!

His accessories are always spot on. A fedora, tie, scarf, glasses, shoes, even his tattoos adhere to and enhance his style. One of my favorites is his pair of black mid height- leather boots. They have a cropped feel that allows pants to be tucked in or worn out. He wears and styles a cardigan just as casual as a jacket. And can anyone else pull off stove pipe jeans as well as he does?! His slim cut pants come in an array of colors and fabrics and always merchandise so well with a V-neck Tee or button down oxford. Nathaniel mixes textures and prints better than anyone I know. His closet has no limitations and his combinations are endless.

I love that Nathaniel is in tune with fashion and conscious of his personal style.  It's definitely not in a vain way, he has fun with clothes and never over analyzes his look.  He has found a way to incorporate all different aspects of his life and personality into one look.  Whenever I see him he encompasses his passion for music, his appreciation to details, intelligence, sense of humor.  His stylish flare reflects times spent not only living in Wisconsin and Kansas City, but also tales from touring with his former band mates.  He's found a way to strike a chord that harmonizes all of these influences into one perfectly executed stylish statement.  I love that he does HIS style.  It's as though he doesn't know how to do anything other than be exactly who he is!

  


Photo by Eric Anderson

1 comment:

lowleeta said...

his name's NATHANIEL.
he likes to DANCEEEEEE.