10.20.2008

A Ring For Everyday!

In October of '06 I went with 9 of my college girlfriends to Chicago to visit friends that had recently moved to the city.  Most of our time was spent walking around shopping and when I walked into a boutique in Lincoln Park I fell in love with this Alexis Bittar Onyx Carved Skull Ring.  
I stood in front of the display drooling over this ring.  For the rest of the week I would drag my friends to the boutique so that I could try on the ring and fantasize about one day owning it.  I didn't stop talking about the ring forever.  I brought the memories and images of the ring back home with me and reminisced about it frequently.  I was flipping through some old magazine over the weekend and stumbled upon it.  Immediately all the old feelings of love and lust came flooding back.  I would still kill for this ring.  It would have been the perfect accessory for the party that I attended this weekend (Trueblood: Vampires and Goth).  I love that it is edgy in a very feminine way.  The ring is also offered in pearl, but I love that the details are really evident and apparent in the onyx.

  
I can't exactly put my finger on what it is about this that I like so much, but I can picture it on my hand!  I really like the combination of textures and accent colors.  The cranberry stones with the faceted cut.  I just picture wearing this with something uber fancy, chic, and classic.  Such a good cocktail ring!


I think this ring looks like mercury bubbles or a moonstone rock.  Two very different ideas, but appealing none the less.  I just like the juxtaposition of this ring.  It wasn't over designed and I would wear this daily with everything!

I saw this ring and went into a deep depression when I realized my finances could not support a decision to purchase at the moment.  I'm freaking out over this. It's "J'dorable!"  I keep holding my left index finger up to the screen and squinting my eyes so I can see how it will look on.  I think the Bee detail is just obnoxious it's so cute (uhh that's a good thing)!  I'm almost mad at myself for even going to the Alexis Bittar boutique to look at what's new.  I'm trying to make a deal with myself... No new clothes, limit spending on food and drinks, pay more than the minimum on my credit card bill,and I can have it as a Christmas gift to myself!  I know I will try to bend the rules and duck out of the deal, but I must have this!  I think the Bee ring serves the same purpose as the skull ring, but can you blame me for finding a new interest?  Especially when it looks as good as it does!?!?!

Alexis Bittar... Will you marry me!?!?!

No comments: