10.21.2008

Never A Bride

OK, let me start by saying, I'm NOT the girl who's had her wedding planned since she was nine.  I don't have a bridezilla binder, I don't cut pictures out of magazines, I don't have my bridesmaids picked out... All of that seems really overwhelming and unnecessary to me.  I watched my sister plan a wedding from start to finish in about 5 hours and realized she was completely stress free.  However, after spending three straight days from 9-6 selling wedding dresses I did find a little part of me that appreciates all a wedding has to offer a girl.

I was doing some research about wedding locations (to name our wedding dresses at work) and stumbled upon this picture.  This wedding took place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Tx.  I love the clear tents.  My first thought was, "I wonder how much it costs to rent this? I really want to have them for my birthday party next year!"  I love that you can see the sun setting and the sky painted in shades of blues, pinks, and lavenders.  
 

I saw this dress at the Amsale runway show and about died!  I think it is so stinking adorable!!!! The bow detail is so feminine, not typically my style but the hem length makes up for it and balances things out. I'm not a fan of veils, but I think in this instance, it adds drama and is the right antidote for the dress.  This could be a perilous decision for the aisle, but totally felicitous, fun, and festive for the reception.  
 

This is a picture of my friend Natalia and Lela Rose's dog Stitch (he'll do anything to get in front of the camera) at the Warwick Hotel during bridal market this weekend.  This dress, The Meadow, is a breath of fresh air amongst racks full of ball gowns and layers of crinoline.  The shape is perfect for any body type, it flatters your petite girls as well as your plus size.  The 3D floral lace is embroidered on the cotton/silk faille in a way that contours the body.  The designer has made the back of the dress just as important as the front.  The sweep has just the right amount of glamour and drama to still give the "bridal look" without being predictable or expected.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the short dress and long veil!!