1.21.2011

Would You Rather?!...

Last night I met up with a couple girlfriends for happy hour before scooting off to a birthday dinner on the LES. In true female/happy hour fashion, we were talking clothes & boys and then the two converged. The question was posed, "Would you rather date a guy that dresses better, worse, or about the same as you?" After pondering over the question for a lot longer than I thought it would take, I proclaimed, "about the same as me!" This morning I was walking to the coffee shop and spotted the most adorable couple walking in front of me. Scared to slip and fall in the slush by to trying catch up to ask for a picture, I quickly retrieved my phone to try and snap a few images.



Since my photo skills are severely lacking I'll describe::

He's in slim fit cargo pants tucked into L.L. Bean shearling lined snow boots, and a black fitted peacoat with a hood. She's in black harem pants (sigh), black hoodie tied around the waist, green puffy jacket, and green saucony shoes.

They were a match made in color coordinated heaven.. How did they pull it off so perfectly and where did she find him?!?!?!?! My response (about the same) was in reference to an image and look as exhibited above. Not drowning in labels or over styled and true to one's personal style and point of view.

So, would YOU rather your significant other dress better, worse, or about the same?!

1 comment:

Ally said...

i just found your blog and this is a super cute post! I also agree with about the same. since getting married over a year ago, i have been slowly adding some nicer items to my husband's closet. he didnt dress bad before, but nothing was really quality about what he owned. we're working on it...i am trying to teach him about quality over quantity...a very important concept i think!
~Ally
http://modestlyfashioned.blogspot.com/