1.18.2011

Sole Sister...

The extended weekend proved to be good for the sole! I danced to 70's disco, brunched with girlfriends, treated myself to a mani, saw Blue Valentine, sashayed around Project in Soho, and along the way acquired some new goodies to up my shoes game. I'm a creature of comfort...I wear shoes that I can sprint around the city in and that can withstand being on set all day long. Every now and then I want to reach new heights and certain actions need to be taken to do so.



These were the first purchase of the weekend. Christian Siriano for Payless Mena Dress Boot. Faux horse hair and embossed patent lizard with gold tone hardware and reflective square heel. I've been keeping a close eye on these for a couple weeks now. Right before the holidays I spotted them on a rainy day when I popped into the store to shelter myself from the inclement weather. When the boots were no where to be found in Texas stores, I was determined to get back to the city to reclaim my footwear. The wait was worth it when I found them discounted to $25!

Accompanying the Siriano score on my shelf are these pale pink metallic cut out peep toe lace up booties. During a quick run through Beacon's Closet Sunday with the girls, I glanced over at these and thought, maybe just maybe. Originally from H&M and only costing me $9 this fateful day, I couldn't pass them up. The heel height is more than desirable for a night dancing or walking/standing for a full day on set.
Comfort: A+
Versatility: A+
I'll be wearing these now with tights and socks and bare footed throughout the spring/summer


1 comment:

G0Dallas said...

Can you tell me what size of Siriano Mena boot you have, compared to your regular shoe size. I am looking for one and heard they run small so trying to figure out what size I should get. Thanks.