4.23.2012

Camo-lot...

My roommate Chinae and I grabbed coffee Saturday morning and on the walk back to our apartment joked about the tailoring company that lives around the corner.  I can't remember the slogan, {I think something like "When you wear a suit tailored by "company's name here" you always smile!"}.  WOW was my first thought followed by a Steve Harvey reference.  A quick instagram check sent me into full fledged joy rage (ie intense happiness).

I give to you my incredibly stylish friend M. Liu or the LIUtenant to you.  His charcoal suit with camo guts will be coming back for a special Coco Canal feature...so stay tuned.


Immediately I sent the LIUtenant a text inquiring on his new suit and in our exchange camo was discussed and it went something like this...

-Liu::Camo has been my favorite color forever.  I know that its not a recognized color.
-Me:: It is def a color to me.  If leopard can be a color, so can camo.

Alright, so it isn't exactly going to show up in a crayon box or color wheel, but that doesn't discount its greatness.  I too love a good camo print and when it is done in bold colors and interesting unexpected ways, it becomes so much more.  Take into account the Orlebar Brown-Nick Wooster collaboration exclusively for Park and Bond.  An example of the perfect beach to lunch ensemble is below but head here to see even more fabulous looks and inspiration.
Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 9.49.58 PM
Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 2.04.43 PM

No comments: