6.02.2009

Clothes Minded

During a recent move I purged my closet and donated/sold more clothes than I could have thought imaginable. It was hard to part ways with many of the garments, but when I'm honest with myself, they needed a home that would show them more of this hypnotizing city, FABULOUS soirees, and jet setting dates. I should feel good about having a more consolidated wardrobe, but my extermination only left me wanting to replace the empty space with refurbished finds and vintage treasures.


Unfortunately I missed out on the amazing Christopher Ross eBay sale a couple months ago. I'm highly disappointed in my lack of dedication to an eminent fashion cause. I'm daily searching for a vintage belt from Ross' 70/80's collections. My favorite is the Rabbit belt buckle. It has nothing to do with the whimsical Alice and Wonderland story, and everything to do with my future pet...a Flemish giant rabbit...appropriately named Donkey!


How can you not want a Judith Leiber belt? The combination of textures and colors is just the beginning of the design greatness. I would love for Leiber's design genius to go to WAIST!!!!



I came across this vintage Lanvin dress and fell in love... I will definitely have to make a few modifications to the silhouette but the pattern, color combination, and details will fit perfectly into my summer wardrobe. I'm already conjuring up a multitude of accessories to pair with this dress.


I keep finding myself drawn to all things fringe! It could be the "southwest" influence in my life or my high esteem for the 20's era, maybe it's the story that garment tells in it's movement, or just the fact that I like how it moves when I twist, turn, twirl, and shake it! Whatever reason, I can't get past my intense rhapsody and lust for this vest paired with a white tank, midnight bell bottom jeans, Frye platform sandals, and slabs of gold chain necklaces, consummated by an audacious two finger ring!.. or coupled with an ankle length high waist white tulle skirt, Christopher Ross or Judith Leiber belt, and black satin Lela Rose for payless Lucite heels!!!

I'm a ham for anything that sparkles! While I'm not crazy about the butterfly, the over sized almost dolman silhouette makes up for it. I'm going to keep looking for a similar top that has the same shimmering charisma.

Ok, I know it's not exactly vintage but I can't imagine continuing my wardrobe without this Commes des Garcons top. It is awkwardly ghoulish having the hands/gloves stuffed and strategically placed on the front, but all the more reason why I am so intrigued and inspired by the top. And then it lends itself to the question, is it a top? jacket? are the hands a closure? I am exorbitantly jealous of anyone that owns this top and determined to have one for myself... Even if my mom has to make me one!!!!!!

1 comment:

K. Hughes said...

Heads up! I'm about to be posting 2 Christopher Ross Belts on Ebay. Seller name TK842. I have a gold rabbit with red eye and a silver fish with blue eye!